CENTRE FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND ERICKSONIAN HYPNOSIS
The Jewel, 3rd floor, Suite 307, 566 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Australia
CENTRE MISSION: To help you reach your full potential: Professionally, entrepreneurially and money-wise.
CENTRE MOTTO: Do the right things right.
In line with our mission, we provide some articles to help you reach your full potential: professionally, entrepreneurially and money-wise. Feel free to draw upon them in a way that is most useful to you. We will add new material every few months, so be sure to revisit this page on a regular basis.
- Resumes that Excel. This article shows you how to prepare a competency-based resume, complete with your own USP.
- Resumes of the Future. This article shows you how to prepare a competency-based resume, using your own career values as a guide.
- Successful Job Interviews. It has often been said, it is not the best person who gets the job, but he/she who presents the best. This article introduces three underlying questions prospective employers ask themselves during the interview process. It also discusses how you could address those questions as part of your interview preparation.
- Interviewing Prospective Employers. This article invites you to consider the job interview as a two-way interview. It invites you to focus on your ideal job and interview prospective employers to assess how well they match your ideal position.
- Interviewing Prospective Employers for Your Career Success. This article also invites you to consider the job interview as a two-way interview. It invites you to take a very analytical approach to the job interview process as well as to the selection of the employer that would best meet your career objectives.
- Procrastinate Yesterday! This article discusses examines the reasons why we may procrastinate. It also offers three simple methods for overcoming procrastination; a necessary precursor to a successful career.
- Procrastination is Just Another Habit This article treats procrastination as a habit that can be easily changed.
- Managing Workplace Conflict. This article discusses how to resolve workplace conflict. This approach is especially useful when you find yourself on the receiving end of bullying, aggressive or underhanded tactics.
- Dealing with Difficult CoWorkers. This article discusses three steps to resolving difficulties with coworkers. This article is especially useful when the conflict may be a consequence of how the organisation has been structured.
- Overcoming Barriers to Your Career Success. This article discusses four steps to overcoming barriers to a successful career.
- Standing Head and Shoulders Above the Crowd. This article discusses how to stand out in the crowd for all the right reasons.
- Business Strategy. It is often said that we need to spend time ON the business as well as being IN the business. This article discusses how that ON time could be best spent.
- Why Be Entrepreneurial? This article looks at entrepreneurship and its four key qualities.
- Qualities of an Entrepreneur. This article considers the four key qualities of entrepreneurship.
- Identifying Opportunities. This article discusses how to develop your own 'eye' for opportunities.
- Evaluating Opportunities. This article discusses how to evaluate potential opportunities for your business.
- Marketing Your Product. This article discusses the seven "P's" of marketing. Only once we have considered the first six "P's", can we turn our attention to promoting our business.
- Marketing and Your USP. This article zeros in on the 7th "P" of marketing --- promotion. It considers the use of a USP as an aide in promoting your business.
Further resources are available at RACHEL ABRAMSON & ASSOCIATES. You may also like to follow us on facebook, twitter and Google+ for further food for thought.
© CENTRE FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND ERICKSONIAN HYPNOSIS, 2010-2018.
Suite 307, 3rd floor, 566 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
P O Box 300, Caulfield South Vic 3162
0418 149 506